Construction compliance and consents

Resolution of construction compliance and building consent issues

Since the early 1990’s, building work has required a building consent (previously called a building permit) from your local council. On completion of the work undertaken as part of the building consent, a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) should be obtained from the council. In our experience, homeowners have often believed that their building contractor or project manager would look after this paperwork. In many cases, it is only revealed years later that no CCC was obtained. We can help with the resolution of all your construction compliance and building consentissues in Wellington, including:

  • What building work requires a building consent and what doesn’t
  • Assisting with obtaining a Code Compliance Certificate for an outstanding building consent
  • What to do when buying a property that has unconsented building work
  • What to do when buying a property that has a building consent but it hasn’t been signed off with the issuing of a Code Compliance Certificate
  • What to do when you receive a Notice to Fix from the council
  • What happens with building work undertaken prior to 1991
  • Dealing with issues that don’t comply with the Building Code
  • Gaining a Certificate of Acceptance (COA)
  • Filing for a Determination with the Department of Building and Housing

We will inspect your property and all relevant documentation, providing you with a detailed report outlining your options and possible costs. We can assist with and manage the whole process for you. Please contact us to see how we can help you in your particular circumstances.

Man giving building consent in Wellington
Building consent expert in Wellington
Share by: